USMS Coaching Support at the 2008 World Masters Championships
Tracy Grilli from the USMS National Office just sent this out today. If you are interested in swimming at FINA World Masters in Perth, AU next year, keep on reading.
The purpose of this program is to provide USMS swimmers with the best possible coaching support as they strive for excellence at the World Championships in Australia, 2008. We know that many of you do not have coaches or whose coaches will not be traveling with them to Perth-we're here for you! The coaching staff will be available before and during the meet to provide these services to USMS swimmers at the meet:
- Schedule and hold a pre-meet meeting for USMS swimmers on the day before the meet.
- Designate an USMS "team area" and hang the USMS banner. Please sit with us.
- Offer guidance & splits during warm-up to those who desire it.
- Offer pre-race guidance & post-race comments throughout the meet to those who desire it.
- Assist videotaping if possible.
- Offer encouragement as needed.
- Serve as advocate for USMS swimmers regarding protests & administrative problems.
- Arrange for team picture(s).
- Perform other coaching tasks as needed.
The USMS Coaches Committee has named four Masters Coaches to assist USMS swimmers planning to compete at this spring's FINA World Masters Swimming Championships in Perth, Australia April 15-25, 2008.
- Head Coach - Mark Moore, Mission Viejo Masters
- Assistant Coach - Michael Collins, Irvine Novaquatics
- Assistant Coach - Tiffany Forbes, Boulder Aquatic Masters
- Assistant Coach - John Grzeszczak, Florida Gold Coast Masters