2007-06-20

Brute Squad Meet


Well, I'm done licking my wounds from a poor showing at the Brute Squad meet, but I still had fun and met a couple of new people. Some of the performances were, as I expected, admirable. For example, seventy-eight year old mother of Arizona Masters (she started the states Masters program in the 70s)swam all of the brute events.



It was a fun, laid back meet and everyone seemed to be having a good time, especially the ladies from Ford. Among them was Monica Bailey (pictured on the far right) who swam the 50 fly and the 50 back, back to back!







I'm very thankful to meet director, Judy Gillies, who not only put on a great event, but was also very kind to reprimand me quietly when I forgot that you had to enter the water for the backstroke start feet first. After my fancy dive, she kindly came over to make sure I never did it again!




I also want to thank head referee Tim Krapp who encouraged me to not to scratch the 200 free. Even though I didn't swim it very fast, I did have fun and was glad he had encouraged me to follow through.





I had to leave the meet early...my little boy had had enough! Congratulations to all the 2007 Brutes out there and we'll see you again next year!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?