2007-06-14

Brute Squad Meet

Well, the 26th Annual Brute Squad Meet is coming up on Sunday and I think it is going to be fun. I haven't swam in a meet in quite some time so it'll be great to race again. While I'm not participating in the "Brute" Part (200 fly, 400IM, 1500 free) it'll be inspiring to watch those who have chosen to take the "Brute" challenge.

I've heard there is only about 30 people registered to swim in the meet...that is too bad! We need more swimmers racing. I find it difficult to maintain training (my main goal is to get the rest of the baby weight off!) without swimming in meets - they help me with short-term and long-term goals. I've swam in a couple of Arizona Masters meets and it is nice to have memories of age-group meets flood my mind as I walk on deck...predominantly the smell of coffee and chlorine! and hearing people laughing, making new friends and having fun! Sounds a bit Pollyanna, I know, but that is what Masters is to me.

I'm swimming four events: the 100 and 200 free and the 50 and 100 backstroke. I wanted to swim the 200 back, but I was told not to enter too many events because the meet will go really quickly - because there are too few swimmers. Maybe I'll get to swim the 200 back and the 50 free at Long Course Champs at the end of July. But I'm going to bring a camera to this meet and maybe I'll get some good pictures that I can post. I'm off to the chiropractor!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?