2007-05-20

Fast Twitch -- Day 2 at nationals

Here's how day two went for me at nationals:

100 IM: 51.51 (24.08) I really need work on transitioning better from breast to free. It's always been a problem. But the time is the same I've been doing for the past three years, so no reason to be upset about the race, though I had hoped to go under 51 seconds and get the national record. My turns felt quick and the strokes were all strong. It always feels good to pull away from the field on breaststroke! Gary Marshall, a 25-year-old who swims for the Olympic Club in the Bay Area, went the same time in another heat. Sure wish we had swum together.

100 free: 47.84 (22.98) Had no expectations about this race. Breaking 48 seconds was a great feeling. I'm not calling myself a freestyler, but I enjoyed the race, especially trying something different. It's good to do that once in a while.

50 back on medley relay: 24.53 Not bad, but my start still needs work.

I'm writing this about two hours before my 100 breast, which is THE event I've been looking forward to this weekend. I feel great, feel confident. I'm going to have fun, and whatever happens will be a direct result of that.

I'll let you know how it goes first thing Monday, when I return to Arizona.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?