2007-04-24

Fast Twitch -- Week 7 (Tuesday, April 24)

Tuesday a.m. with Ford Masters long course

500 warmup

4x4x50 one round of each stroke on 1:00 (breast on 1:05)
1: drill
2-3: 25 drill/25 swim
4: swim (was supposed to be fast, but I did it moderately...very hard for me to swim fast in the first 30 minutes of workout. Went :38 on fly, :39 on back, :43 on breast, :37 on free)

3x200 kick (essentially a straight 600)

Three rounds:
3x50 on 1:00
100 on 1:40 (was supposed to be fast, but I did it moderately...Tuesday morning is not my sprint workout. Went 1:20 on 50 back/50 breast, 1:17 on 50 breast/50 free)

100 easy
--------------------------
A pretty decent workout. No problems, though my hamstrings are real tight.

I have figured out a way to get in more short course training until nationals. I'll swim at a public pool, either early in the morning or after work. I can swim from 6:30 a.m.-8 a.m. or 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m., giving myself time to do workouts and not rush through them, especially test sets. The only problem is that the pool I will go to, Quincie Douglas, doesn't have a pace clock (at least none that I've seen), so getting times on test sets and the like will be difficult.

I have to work tonight, but I'll be able to get in a quick workout from 5:30-6:30 before heading back into the grind.

I don't know why I didn't think of this before. It's a great solution to my problem, although a costly one. I'm paying dues to swim at Ford, and now I'll add about seven or eight dollars a week to it.

I won't be home until very late tonight, so I will post this evening's workout Wednesday.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?